Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Easthampton MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking Full Time and Per Diem Residential Support Specialists to work in our Easthampton locations. Our Residential Services includes a network of over 30 homes throughout Western Massachusetts that provides 24-hour staff supervision and support to individuals that we serve. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
A Residential Support Specialist must be able to:
• Provide direct services that supports growth, promotes independence and ensures safety of consumers in all settings.
• Assist and monitors activities of daily living.
• Encourage independence, competency and decision-making.
• Initiates, supports, and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity.
• Monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
• Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
• Assist in maintaining, enhancing and fostering social support networks and relationships.
• Plan and provides opportunities for community activities.
• Act as a primary implementer of strategies to meet ISP/PSTP goals.
• Provide indirect services that documents and supports the provision of direct services to consumers.
• Complete progress notes in a thorough and timely manner.
• Complete program specific forms and required, time-sensitive documents in a timely manner.
• Complete health and medication-related documents as individually indicated and in accordance with MAP regulations, and manages medical coordination.
• Update and maintains clinical records.
• Provide safe and timely transportation in own vehicle.
• Attend in-services, meetings and trainings as assigned and scheduled, keeps mandatory trainings up to date and monitors employee training completion.
• Complete individually assigned program-specific responsibilities.
• Telephone supervisor hourly as scheduled during awake, overnight shifts to report the status of individuals served by the program and any other assigned tasks.
• Recognize and reports program-specific safety and maintenance concerns and ensures property is safe and well maintained.
• Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
This posting only represents a limited overview of the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Individuals must be committed to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of Individuals/persons served.
Experience and Training:
• Minimum of six months experience in human services preferred.
• Training is provided by BHN.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours.
• Able to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference" to apply!