220 South Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01002
Amherst, MA 01002
Our story is your story. Since 1821, we’ve been helping our students find their own voices, discover their own truths and forge their own paths in the world. Our students and alumni are the true authors of the Amherst story. Help write our next chapter.
|Salary Range:||Location:||Amherst Massachusetts|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Amherst College invites applications for the Custodian position. Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst's students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.|
The Custodian is a full-time, year round position, job group and level AO-1. The Custodian supports the efforts of Custodial Services to maintain safe, clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions throughout the campus community.
The Custodian takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Work schedule: The position is designated as providing essential services and may be required to report to work, or remain on duty even when the College is closed. Our work is central to student life and their needs occur at a variety of times throughout the day, week, and year and in such, a flexible schedule with extended shift times may be required. The work schedule may vary and corresponds to the College's operational needs, but generally is Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 2:30 pm.
• Perform general custodial work required to maintain safe, clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions in buildings and their adjacent grounds in accordance with established work routines, cleaning methods and procedures
• Conduct room inventories using a tablet
• Strip, screen, and refinish floors
• Extract carpets
• Wash walls, ceilings and glass
• Snow removal
• Support the campus-wide recycling program
• Complete monthly work request forms, building inspections, and student damage reports
Special Requests/General Maintenance
• Perform general maintenance duties, move furniture or custodial equipment, and assist Special Services as needed
• A valid driver's license and successful credentialing is required in order to operate college vehicles
• Basic math skills including adding and subtracting
• Basic computer skills
• Strong customer service, organizational, and time-management skills
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical and CORI check
• Attention to detail
• High School or Vocational Diploma, or equivalent
• 6 months of cleaning experience
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Amherst College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), age, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic or class protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Amherst College complies with all state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Amherst College, P.O. Box 5000, Amherst, MA 01002-5000.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8r8tchwnxnpq77dc