Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Springfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Maintenance|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Combine your interpersonal and facilities maintenance skills into your next career move!|
Become a valued member of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as the Facilities Director at Behavioral Health Network! The Facilities Director maintains an overview of all maintenance needs at BHN and communicates with the Facilities Manager and key stakeholders regarding those needs. In conjunction with the CEO, they consider the long-term needs of the facilities, plan and lead the strategic goals, policies, and procedures of the Facilities Department, and keep the CEO informed of project status and development. The Facilities Director ensures that these policies and procedures are followed, that the work done is up to standards, and that the department adjusts to changes in the external and internal environment.
Considering BHN’s need to contain costs, the Facilities Director produces annually a department budget, a projection of project expenditures and major facilities purchases, and a growth/operation plan for the Facilities Department. Alongside the Facilities Manager, they oversee use and payment of contractors and certain vendors by arranging for them to do work for BHN and ensuring the work is done correctly. Additionally, they manage inspections from entities including city building officials, program funding sources, and state licensing officials and work to correct any deficiencies as needed.
The Facilities Director uses their leadership skills and experience managing a crew, overseeing staffing in the department, hiring, disciplining, and terminating staff, and ensuring the coverage of department needs. They manage small construction projects, supervise the Facilities Manager, and cover the position when the Facilities Manager is out. Although we have emergency and on-call coverage provided by Facilities Technicians, the Facilities Director must be willing to respond as needed for emergencies and crisis situations which may arise at any time. The Facilities Director is always on-call and may need to be the primary person for a certain category of problems at the Liberty St buildings, such as HVAC breakdowns.
This is an opportunity to do meaningful work while broadening your knowledge of most aspects of building maintenance and operation in both residential and commercial settings.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|The Facilities Director at Behavioral Health Network has the following qualities:|
• Extensive knowledge of residential and commercial construction and building technology including but not limited to plumbing, HVAC, fire suppression, fire alarm, data, phone, and electrical systems.
• Broad knowledge of and experience with repair techniques.
• Ability to work in fast-paced and/or stressful environments when needed.
• Ability to organize people and tasks efficiently and with good use of the varying skills of the team.
• Ability to estimate construction and repair costs and keep them contained.
• A degree of creativity and flexibility (required).
• Able to exercise independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Sensitivity to people and circumstances and a customer service orientation.
• Ability to strike an appropriate balance between service to others in the agency and the maintenance of good boundaries considering the limits of department resources.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff at all levels and individuals served by BHN.
• Proficiency in use of all office equipment (copier, fax, PC, printers, and scanners) as well as Microsoft Office suite.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role in a related setting (required); 8 years of related experience (preferred).
• A minimum of 5 years experience in construction or maintenance fields (required).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license (required).
• Good driving record.