Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Westfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently looking for a Support Specialist to join our team at our Residential Program in Westfield, MA. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Provide direct services that supports growth, promotes independence and ensures safety of individuals/persons served in all settings.
• Assists and monitors activities of daily living.
• Encourages independence, competency and decision-making.
• Initiates, supports and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity.
• Monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
• Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
• Assists individuals/persons served in maintaining and enhancing their social support network through opportunities to meet new friends, build stronger relationships with family members and guardians, attend religious services and join religious groups, and foster engagement in other community groups and organization and relationships.
• Plans and provides opportunities for community activities.
• Acts as primary implementer of strategies to meet ISP/PSTP goals.
Provide indirect services that documents and supports the provision of direct services to individuals/ persons served.
• Provides safe and timely transportation in own vehicle, as needed for medical appointments, recreational activities, shopping, errands, etc.
• Completes health and medication-related documents as individually indicated and in accordance with MAP regulations.
• Provides on-going information, periodic reviews and documentation to support treatment and ISP/PSTP goals and objectives.
• Provides attractive, well balanced, nutritious meals and snacks.
• Performs normal cleaning and maintenance with or without individual assistance.
This posting only represents a limited overview of the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Individuals must be committed to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of Individuals/persons served.
Experience and Training:
• Minimum of six months experience in human services preferred.
• Training is provided by BHN.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours.
• Able to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!