Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Greenfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Use your experience in substance abuse to become a role model for individuals on the road to recovery!|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Peer Support Specialist in the MISSION Hope program at Behavioral Health Network! As a Peer Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to assist, encourage, and empower individuals through using mental health, substance abuse, and vocational rehabilitation services among others to help them make strides towards rehabilitation and recovery. Providing high quality clinical services and consultation on a case load of 12-15 individuals, Peer Support Specialists help introduce individuals to the MISSION Hope services and facilitate their participation in mutual support and self-help groups using principles of trauma-informed care.
In addition, Peer Support Specialists work with individuals to prepare for meetings with treatment providers, assist with transportations, housing, employment services, and criminal justice personnel and build effective working relationships with these agencies and organizations. Serving as a consumer advocate, they frequently perform community outreach to promote compliance with medical, psychiatric, and substance abuse treatment using their own competency in personal recovery and coping skills. Finally, they guide individuals in the development of WRAP or crisis plans and assist with a range of tasks to help individuals regain and maintain their independence within the community and mastery over their own recovery process.
The MISSION Hope program at Behavioral Health Network is designed to empower parents, caregivers, and families towards recovery from mental health and substance use disorders. We provide families with evidence-based individual, child, and family-centered treatment, and supportive services tailored to their unique family needs. Working in collaboration with diverse community partners, we are committed to supporting families on their road to stability and enhancing family functioning and preservation. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Peer Support Specialists in the MISSION Hope program at BHN have the following qualities:|
• Familiarity with the Franklin County and North Quabbin area (required).
• Cultural competence in dealing with persons served with a variety of different cultural backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of community resources, and how to help persons served access them.
• Familiarity with Internet, Word processing and email systems (required).
• Strong community relationships in the region and previous experience working in Massachusetts community based mental health and substance abuse treatment facilitates (strongly preferred).
• One (1) year of experience in related field (preferred).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous participation in Mental Health or Substance Abuse service systems as recipient of service and a willingness to convey this experience (strongly preferred).
• Certified or be eligible for the Massachusetts Peer Specialist training or equivalent and be certified within 6 months of being hired (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!