Pioneer Valley Hotel Group
321 Center Street
LUDLOW, MA 01056
|Salary Range:||Location:||$40,000+ Per Year||HADLEY, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Hotel & Restaurant|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Serv Safe, Tips Certified - Preference: Nice to have|
Assures the highest possible level of guest satisfaction. Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guest and employees. This position requires strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast paced and professional environment. In addition you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to guest, other staff, and management verbally and written.
Represents the conference center to the guest throughout all stages of the function. Directly supervises all banquet staff. Ensures proper completion of all duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the banquet staff. Works closely with the Food & Beverage Director and Sales team in maintaining up to date information regarding upcoming events and functions. Knows the location and types of function rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Communicates with all departments within the conference center as a proactive approach to guest satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knowledgeable of all the standard operating procedures in banquet service.
2. Meet & greet all clients prior to meetings/events. Ensure all of their needs are met.
3. Responsible for hiring, supervision, and disciplinary action for all staff including bar staff, banquet staff, and maintenance staff.
4. Conducts pre-event briefings.
5. Guide the Banquet servers in set up to ensure that the function space is visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event. This may include linen and table setting, food station design, and beverage service. Visually inspect the space prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and setup.
6. Work with the kitchen to ensure all items are to be ready 15 minutes before service time.
7. Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms, rest rooms and storage areas.
8. Is available for overseeing offsite catering events.
9. Report all maintenance needs to the Food & Beverage Director and Chief Engineer. Utilize work orders.
10. Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details by attending weekly BEO meetings.
11. Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
12. Schedules, trains, and performs evaluations for all subordinate staff.
13. Recommends to the Food and Beverage Director any disciplinary action or commendation to be given to deserving employees.
14. Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign staffing, in order to provide quality service during functions.
15. Makes endorsement in the logbook at the end of the shift all guest comments, complains, accidents, unusual events or any matter that will affect the following shift.
16. Responsible for inventory and sales of beer, wine, and liquor.
17. Responsible for ordering food and beverage for all events
18. Inventory small wares including glassware, plates and utensils monthly.
19. Manage proper inventory and storage of AV equipment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions;
1. May be required to cover “Manager on Duty” shifts.
|SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:|
1. Have at least 3 year of supervisory/management experience in the Food and Beverage Industry.
2. Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
3. Be proficient in Word Processing and Spreadsheet programs.
4. Be able to work in a standing position for a long period of time (up to five hours)
5. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
6. Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
7. Open availability is required; and shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The schedule is based on business needs. Must be able to work under pressure and also work in long shifts.