296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Develop and Implement the annual giving program - Preference: Required|
|Development Director (32 hours/week)|
The Development Director is responsible for all Tapestry fundraising initiatives including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters, annual fund development, and online giving events. The Director works as part of a team with Tapestry’s Communications Director and the Development Associate on Tapestry’s annual Dim Sum Brunch and other events. As a member of the senior management team, the Development Director may act as agency spokesperson in some contexts. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
• Develop and implement the annual giving program, writing and managing annual appeals; develop fundraising materials; manage online giving
• Develop and implement social media strategies in conjunction with the Communications Director, including online giving days, to drive online giving and improve donor stewardship on Tapestry’s social media sites.
• Develop and implement major donor strategies to actively engage and steward major donors both personally and in conjunction with the Board and the CEO through calls and visits.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
• Maintain and grow bank and business partnerships, including sponsors for annual Dim Sum Brunch fundraising event
• Support Board outreach to small businesses (giving days, point of sale donations, etc.)
• Execute fundraising strategy for annual Dim Sum Brunch by working with committee members to solicit individual and business sponsorships, and oversee Development Associate to manage sponsor benefits and acknowledgments, event registration. Support Communications Director with event planning and day-of-event execution.
• Develop and execute annual fundraising event in Berkshire County and other events as needed and as resources allow
• Help create a culture of philanthropy: work with board members, leadership team, program managers and Communications Director to create consistent fundraising messaging for Tapestry and to empower program staff to appropriately spread the word about Tapestry’s mission and funding needs
• Join the CEO and program staff as a spokesperson for Tapestry—represent Tapestry in the press and at community events.
Other duties as assigned.
• College degree and at least three years’ experience in a mid-level fundraising position
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers and staff
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Sound computer skills including word processing and database management
• An understanding of the non-profit/social services sector
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
• Support the mission and goals of the agency