Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Operations|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|We are a thriving and growing YMCA in beautiful Western Massachusetts, looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior Program Director to oversee our camp and family programming. We are committed to impacting the lives of those we serve, through high quality programming and we are looking for an experienced, passionate, committed YMCA leader to join our awesome team with great potential for growth as a YMCA professional.|
This position will be responsible for the oversight of our camping and youth/teen/family programs. This includes oversight and development of our 137 acre outdoor seasonal day camp on Lake Norwich, as well as our year-long branch youth and teen programming. Overall the goal of this position is to deliver the highest quality programs, grow engagement and participation and create a safe and positive atmosphere for all, while helping to position our YMCA as the provider and charity of choice in the Northampton community.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work operational hours of the YMCA, which will include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on the program needs. Overnights at camp will be included during the camp season.
The Hampshire Regional YMCA reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled.
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, please submit your resume and cover letter.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience at a leadership role within a youth resident and/or day camp setting, prefer director level experience.
• Experience must include: supervision of full-time staff, launching and managing high quality large volume programs, developing and working with volunteer groups, and managing day camp, parent-child, outdoor education, and adventure programs. Also experience with teen and youth and government programming preferred.
• The individual must be personable, organized, self-motivated, and hands on team leader with strong skills in community relations and engaging volunteers.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, decision making and human relations skills are critical
• Prior YMCA camp experience preferred
• Clear driving record and valid Driver’s License.
• CPR, First Aid and O2 certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.