Pioneer Valley Hotel Group
321 Center Street
LUDLOW, MA 01056
|Salary Range:||Location:||$30,000+ Per Year||LUDLOW, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Hospitality/Travel/Tourism|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
IHG Hotel Front desk PMS sytem - Preference: Preferred|
|JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT MANAGER|
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
Assures the highest possible level of guest satisfaction. Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guest and employees. Directly supervises all front office personnel and housekeeping personnel. Ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Assures hotel is operating and maintaining Hampton Inn Brand Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTITIES:
1. Participates in the selection of front office, housekeeping, maintenance, breakfast and laundry personnel.
2. Trains, cross-trains, and retrains all front office and housekeeping personnel.
3. Schedules staff and covers shifts as needed and when necessary for callouts.
4. Evaluates the job performance of employees.
5. Maintains working relationships and communicates with all Departments.
6. Maintains master key control.
7. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
8. Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated, all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests.
9. Resolves guest related issues quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
10. Works with the allotted budget for the hotel.
11. Responsible for monthly inventory and supply orders.
12. Receives information from the previous shift and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager or staff.
13. Enforces all cash handling, check cashing, and credit policies.
14. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel and housekeeping personnel.
15. Requires the staff to wear proper uniforms at all times.
16. Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
17. Has proficient working knowledge of the Reservation system and Revenue Management system.
18. Reviews rates and inventory daily, weekly, and monthly and coordinates any rate changes with the General Managers approval.
19. Processes guest check-ins and check-outs.
20. Uses proper telephone etiquette.
21. Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with the maintenance department.
22. Reports any unusual occurrences or request to the Manager.
23. Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
24. Coordinates and participates in quarterly fire drills.
25. Maintains and updates all logs available to review.
26. Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
27. Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
|Please visit our website www.pvhg.com to print and complete a job application.|
You may scan and email me a copy of your application and resume or drop off your application during business hours M-F 9a-5p 321 Center Street, Ludlow, MA 01056.