Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Springfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking a Billing Representative to join our team in the Corporate office in Springfield, MA. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
The requirements for this position are as follows:
• Transmit and send all claims to respective guarantors.
• Post and work denials from insurance companies.
• Report to Manager as needed.
• Other duties include collections follow up related to denials.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Ability to create and submit electronic/manual claims to third party vendors in a timely and accurate manner.
• Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse billing guidelines.
• Must be able to perform AR follow up.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with other departments and payers necessary to facilitate billing process.
• Ability to understand and perform credit/debit cash posting.
• Must possess analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to effectively work with computers and a variety of software programs with minimal supervision.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Associate’s Degree.