Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Holyoke MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking a Day and Evening Counselor to join our team in the Crisis Stabilization Unit program in Holyoke, MA. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Recognize when to consult with a supervisor, co-worker, or other effected parties prior to making a decision.
• Able to perform treatment planning/implementation.
• Performs housekeeping/administrative tasks as assigned.
• Performs person served services necessary to meet program goals and provide comfort for program guests.
• Participates in required supervision and training.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Knowledge of the chronic mentally ill population.
• Interviewing skills.
• Ability to learn how to complete mental status exam.
• Ability to work as a team member and to follow through on individual tasks.
• Ability to relate and establish support with psychiatric individuals, family members and service providers.
• Good observation and documentation skills.
• High motivation to work with the mentally ill population.
Experience and Training:
• 1 year experience in a human service field or equivalent experience with a psychiatric population.
• Bilingual preferred.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• MA Drivers License plus registered and insured vehicle for on the job use.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Job Openings” to apply.