Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Springfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking a Designated Forensic Psychologist to join our General Forensic team in Springfield, MA. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Provides evaluation services to the Superior, Juvenile, and District Courts.
• Performs court-ordered evaluations in criminal and civil matters per MGL Chapter 123 and 119, within the guidelines established by DFMH.
• Performs need-for-treatment evaluations requested by Probation Officers.
• Provides testimony to the courts, as required.
• Communicates with jail mental health staff regarding concerns about or special needs of defendants.
• Arranges for placement of committed individuals.
• Documents and bills for services in a manner that is compliant with all applicable rules/regulations.
Provides consultation and training services to the courts, Bar, Probation departments, District Attorney, and Community mental health providers.
• Consults with judges, attorneys, and probation officers regarding mental health issues and the disposition of mentally ill defendants.
• Provides training on mental health issues.
Provides evaluation services to Jails and Houses of Corrections.
• Provides psychological testing and diagnostic assessments.
• Provides risk and suicide assessments.
• Consults with correctional staff regarding mentally ill inmates.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Has full knowledge of Statutory mental health evaluations.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Doctorate in Psychology.
• Independently licensed.
• Certification as Designated Forensic Professional is a plus, but not required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org then click on "Job Openings" then "Designated Forensic Psychologist" to apply.