Hilltown Community Development Corporation
387 Main Road PO Box 17
CHESTERFIELD, MA 01012
Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||CHESTERFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Work under the direction of the Community Development Specialist to gather and update information relative to the Homeless Veteran communities in the Three-County area of Hampshire, Franklin and Berkshire Counties. |
Program Specific Responsibilities:
• Gather and update information from other agencies in the three-county areas on veterans from the community
• Track housing offers and support providers in documenting offers in the context of timing goals
• Update the back log of housing offers from Veterans Service Providers
• Work as liaison to providers to collect information needed and follow-up on tasks
• Travel throughout the Three-County area to area provider’s locations to obtain required information
• Collect and enter assessment and enter data when complete
• Data entry into Google Docs, excel and proprietary software such as ETO and ECM
• Collaborate with HMIS consultant to create a report mechanism in the Continuum of Care program for housing offers to be made
• Attend all Veteran committee meetings
|The Administrative Coordinator of Homeless Services must be a self-starter and able to work independently, taking full responsibility for the required job functions. Critical thinking and excellent judgment is required. Good computer skills are needed with personal computers and MICROSOFT Office software (including ACCESS, WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK), Google Docs, phone and voice-mail systems, e-mail and internet access. Must have access to reliable transportation and able to travel to various agencies within the Three-County area.|
Abilities: Knowledge or experience with the HUD Continuum of Care program terms or can clearly demonstrate transferrable skills and knowledge. Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills are necessary. The ability to work within established deadlines is essential. The Administrative Coordinator of Homeless Services must be able to work with a wide variety of people and maintain a good public image for Hilltown CDC. S/he will have excellent follow-through and accomplish assignments with accuracy. Must be organized and detail oriented. S/he must work well independently and in a team to accomplish organizational goals.
Compensation: $18-$21 per hour plus fringe benefits.
Terms: This is a grant-funded position through June 30, 2018.
EOE/AA/Section 3: Applicants with handicaps and needing assistance will be accommodated. Among equally qualified candidates, low to moderate-income residents of the local region will be given preference.
Apply via email or send resume and cover letter by April 28, 2017 to:
P. O. Box 17
Chesterfield, MA 01012