Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Fitness|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the part-time position of Personal Trainer. At the Y, our cause is to strengthen community. To fulfill this promise, we require strong cause-driven leaders to effect lasting personal and social change regarding our organization’s three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our employees are all leaders committed to nurturing the potential of all, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility.|
Key job duties:
• Work with Wellness Director and Healthy Living Director to create and implement wellness programming to motivate and retain current members, as well as gain new members.
• Developing and Maintaining Personal training records and programing.
• Take ownership of coverage needs, assisting others on the Wellness Team in covering floor shifts as necessary
• Be the lead wellness staff setting the example and assisting in training of new staff.
• Develop and maintain a positive, safe, nurturing environment in the Wellness Center.
• Have a genuine interest in working with a diverse population of individuals, primarily the sedentary and the inactive.
• Promote good public relations with members and their guests. Assures that complaints/concerns of members are immediately addressed.
• Demonstrate a sincere interest in fitness and positive attitude.
• Must have and keep current the following certifications: CPR/AED and First Aid and have a degree in a health/fitness field and/or a personal training certification.
o (Nationally recognized Personal Trainer certifications: ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE, IFPA, AFAA and YMCA)
• Must be outgoing, friendly, have good human relation skills and a willingness to serve members.
• Completion of the YUSA course “Principles of Healthy Lifestyles” will be required within the first 90 days of employment.
• Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain solid relationships with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, and a diverse population of individuals.
• Knowledge of membership programming as it relates to the YMCA.
• Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
• Strong organizational skills, Handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem-solve and possess effective time-management skills.
Hours & Availability needed
Approximately 5 hours working on the Wellness Floor, and approximately 15 hours administrative; additional hours approved to include wellness floor and class coverage when needed and personal training.
• Up to a total of 20-28 hours weekly.
• Availability on weekends and evenings.
*All applicants must submit an application: