Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||HUNTINGTON MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|General Summary: Manage cleaning, clearing of debris, and general tidiness of camp buildings outside of camp operating hours.|
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
1. Maintain safe, clean and attractive camp facilities.
• Work with Camp Director to establish cleaning practices, procedures and routines for each week.
• Sweep, mop, dust and sanitize bathrooms, kitchen, main lodge, program buildings and other camp areas as assigned by the Camp Director.
• At the end of each day, place camper possessions in lost and found area or trash to maintain tidiness of camp areas.
• Wash accessible walls and windows in camp buildings.
• Lock necessary areas when finished in each area.
• Manage recycling.
• Report incidents, hazardous conditions or needed repairs to Camp Director and Camp Maintenance Director repectively.
2. Stock bathrooms, kitchen and other areas with consumables.
• Check all soap and toilet paper dispensers daily and replace supplies as needed.
• Replace trash can liners at the end of each day.
3. Use and maintain assigned cleaning supplies and equipment as directed
• Manage camp cleaning supplies including mixing cleaning solutions from concentrate, using designated quantities, maintaining environmentally aware and safe practices.
• Track inventory and advise camp director on purchasing.
• Properly use and store brooms, mops, squeegees and other camp cleaning equipment to ensure maximum lifespan of equipment is reached.
• Store all supplies and equipment properly in designated storage areas.
4. Integrate into camp community by interacting with other camp staff and learning about camp philosophies.
5. Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, and working relationships.
• Positive work attitude and strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Experience cleaning and using cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Ability to work with and around youth in a personable and appropriate way.
• Willingness to work in early morning hours or late afternoon hours in order to avoid camp operating hours.
• Ability to work off of a routine and to manage time in order to complete a list of tasks.
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative when the job requires it.
*We require all applicants to submit an application. Please email to request an application.