Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Rd
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
To learn more about us, please visit www.juddwire.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
|Salary Range:||Location:||20 Per Hour ||TURNERS FALLS, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Electrician
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Electricial License - Preference: Required|
|Purpose of Position:|
To perform a variety of plumbing, mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs, including sheet metal and machining operations.
To order and maintain spare parts, and supplies necessary to keep equipment operating
• State license required for Installation and Industrial Electrician.
• Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
• Fabricate parts using machine and hand tools to common to the trade.
• To maintain various support equipment necessary to keep production machinery operating.
Example: air compressors, chillers, boilers, etc.
• Uses prints, specifications, follows verbal instruction to make repairs to electrical systems. Install pipe. Run electrical lines, install switches, lamps, fixtures, etc.
• Assist in the installation and production equipment such as extruders, cablers, radiation machinery, etc.
• Repair and trouble shoot drives and plc’s
• Perform various carpentry assignments.
• Maintain Inventory.
• Perform various other related duties as assigned or directed within scope of responsibilities. Observe safety regulations. Maintain equipment, work area in a clean and orderly condition.
|The ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent; ability to be on call and work all shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime; flexibility will be key, knowledge of tools, instrumentation and testing equipment; comprehend drawings and specifications; the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and attend classroom instruction as it relates to electrical disciplines.|
Occasional to frequent lifting or moving materials weighting up to approximately 50 lbs.; standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time; ability to carry power tools, materials and/or equipment; stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching or crawling as needed; climbing, working on ladders, scaffolds and lifts up to 30 feet high.
3-5 years of Industrial and Commercial experience; ability to read, understand and follow procedures, rules and regulations; relevant work experience with basic transformer theory, single phase and three phase motors preferred. Candidates should have a basic understanding of wiring diagrams and control schematics; knowledge of electrical symbols, formulas and the ability to use precision measuring tools is essential.