Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Rd
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
To learn more about us, please visit www.juddwire.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
|Salary Range:||Location:||30000 Per Year ||TURNERS FALLS, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Associates Degree, Business - Preference: Preferred|
|Purpose of Position: |
Supports Manufacturing organization through the timely purchase of operating supplies. Prepares and negotiates operating supply RFQs with critical suppliers, ensuring continuous and reliable product supply. Analyzes usage trends, adjusts stock levels accordingly and informs suppliers of major planned purchase shifts. Processes documents for assigned raw materials and non-inventoried supplies. Locates and establishes alternative suppliers for various non-stock items, maintaining product information files and other similar duties as instructed for purchasing supplies function.
1. Process requisitions for Manufacturing and operating supplies, creating purchase orders daily to support Manufacturing needs
2. Locate alternate suppliers for manufacturing supplies as price and availability require, working closely with manufacturing resources to ensure compatibility of alternates.
3. Negotiate price and delivery of purchased parts, expediting processing and arranging efficient delivery method to meet internal need. Communicate expected delivery dates to requestor as necessary.
4. Negotiate proposed price increases, using creative alternatives to minimize negative financial impact.
5. Manage effective inventory levels of key operating supplies and assigned raw materials through the use of an MRP system and supplemental physical verification methods, ensuring materials are obtained only from authorized and designated suppliers.
6. With assistance from the Senior Purchasing staff, develop and negotiate plans for supplier price and supply agreements - preparing RFQs, analyzing quote responses, and determining optimum award to ensure continuous and reliable material supply at best pricing.
7. Assist with raw material availability quotations to Customer Service, Sales and Marketing staff.
8. Acts as liaison between corporate Technical resources and supplier Technical and Production groups for new product development and product improvements.
9. Acts as the Purchasing representative at the daily Production meeting, serving as the conduit for information between the Purchasing team and the daily Production meeting attendees.
10. Maintain electronic and paper filing system by product and/or supplier to ensure immediate and accurate access to information regarding price history, product lead time, supplier capabilities and other key information relevant to purchase decisions.
11. Maintain various service contracts, locating alternate suppliers and clarifying specifications for competitive bidding as necessary for price reductions and/or service improvements.
12. Acts as backup to Buyers as needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree, focus in Business preferred or High School diploma and relevant experience may be considered.
2. One to three years Business experience, preferably in Purchasing, at a minimum.
3. Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills for effectively negotiating with internal and external resources.
5. Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools and adapt to change.
6. Excellent attention to detail including analytical thought processes.
7. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
8. Data-driven decision and problem-solving skills.
9. Proficiency with Excel and MRP essential.