Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Rd
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
To learn more about us, please visit www.juddwire.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
|Salary Range:||Location:||15 Per Hour ||TURNERS FALLS, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
|Machine Operator (Single-Line Extruder)|
Judd Wire Inc., a Sumitomo Electric Group company, is looking for 2nd shift Entry Level Single-Line Extruder Operators in our Turners Falls, MA facility. Individuals will be responsible for a variety of duties including: Performing required operations connected with measuring, inspecting, testing and re-spooling wire and cable in preparation for shipping or its next operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work from orders, requisitions, various sized wires to properly mix various components and chemicals to obtain and maintain stability with regard to footage, lengths, wall thickness, proper die and leader sizes, Work in BPCS system.
2. Set ups are exacting and require placing and adjusting die in extruder, obtain and maintain proper temperature, speed and feed. Ensure adequate cleaning of die.
3. Use vacuum apparatus to transfer compounds into feed hopper and/or machine. Check for required temperature, proper speed of take up reel or spool, proper tension on wire, efficient operation of work, proper cooling of extruded material. Set machine into operation. Operate marking/printing machine as specified to apply identification number, stripe or legend to extruded wire.
4. Perform visual checking of work and take samples according to specifications and instructions. Operate testing equipment and perform tests according to specifications including; concentricity, OD, elongation, adherence. Compute percent concentricity, elongation, other as specified. Label spools with shop order number, conductor size, wall size, color and direct to next operation. Include SPC records with shop order packet.
5. Monitor operations on a continuous basis and as needed make adjustments to water trough, speeds, feeds, and other variables to meet quality and quantity parameters.
6. Detect and report defective materials, improper compounding, malfunctioning equipment, unusual conditions to supervision. Observe all safety rules and regulations. Maintain equipment and work areas in clean and orderly condition.
Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed by supervisor.
|The ideal candidate must possess a High School diploma/GED and 1-3 month’s related experience. Position requires knowledge of ordinary arithmetic including decimals, fractions, and simple use of specification together with use of adjustable measuring instruments. Position requires moderate physical effort consisting of frequent moving average weights and continuous mental and visual attention to repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity. Working conditions may expose employee to noise, fumes, dust, etc.|