The Harold Grinspoon Foundation
67 Hunt Street
Agawam, MA 01001
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||AGAWAM, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Research
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|PJ Library, an award-winning Jewish family engagement program created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, strengthens Jewish identities and serves as an outreach and family engagement vehicle for synagogues and Jewish organizations. In partnership with hundreds of philanthropists and Jewish organizations, PJ Library delivers the gift of free, high-quality Jewish books and music each month to families raising Jewish children ages six months through eleven years.|
Do you read children’s picture books and middle-grade books for fun? Are you highly organized, and self-directed (it’s OK, we know your home bookshelf is color-coded)? Then you’ll want to join a team that distributes more than 2 million books each year. The Book Selection Associate will focus on supporting book content development and review for both the PJ Library and PJ Our Way programs, with an emphasis on middle grade books for the tween program, PJ Our Way.
The Book Selection Associate will:
• Support the PJ Library and PJ Our Way book selection committees, including preparing and circulating meeting materials, attending meetings and taking notes, and completing various follow-up projects.
• As part of a team, respond to manuscript submissions and coordinate the manuscript review process.
• Support the chairs of the book selection committees in corresponding with authors and illustrators, including direct communications, regular e-newsletters and sending copies of published editions.
• Contribute to the successful execution of author professional development conferences.
• Moderate online reviews of PJ Our Way books and comments on the PJ Our Way blogs.
• Assist with the writing and editing of monthly web content, including managing a content calendar.
• Order and ship book samples to members of the book selection committees and to external reviewers, including the PJ Our Way Kid Design Team and Kid Advisory Committee.
• Ensure online database of book submissions and selections is current and accurate.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Clear and concise communication. This role will work directly with internal teams, including several colleagues based remotely, as well as authors, parents, and tweens.
• A high level of organizational skills and flexibility, to manage team agendas, calendars, mailings, and event support.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, is required. Familiarity with Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Adobe a plus.
• Bookworms and nerds are encouraged to apply.
This is a fulltime position, based in Agawam, MA.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a paragraph about your favorite book to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply.