Notch Mechanical Constructors
85 Lemay Street
Chicopee, MA 01013
We are an industrial, mechanical contractor with 100+ employees serving the southern New England region. We are specialists in our trade and want to continue to grow by finding the right people who fit our culture that want to develop their skills and abilities to advance within the company.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Construction
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
PMP - Preference: Nice to have|
Provide overall project management for multiple projects, focuses specifically on certain types of mechanical projects: larger ($250k - $5mm), complex or fast track. Provide overall administrative and technical management on construction projects from bid preparation through final acceptance by client. Provide information, coordination and guidance to field supervisors and craft to insure construction work complies with all Notch and Customer requirements.
• Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
• Provide input at estimating phase and review final estimate once awarded for project execution
• Monitor and provide input for total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A-E representatives, other contractors, etc.
• Develop electronic project schedules and maintain status through duration of project.
• Inform and direct crew leaders through project specific direction of on-site crew leader to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, troubleshooting, etc., as required for craft personnel installing material.
• Act as customer liaison and maintain customer relationships including representing company in customer project meetings; assisting in strategy meetings, etc.
• Procure material, rent equipment, hire subs, and identify special equipment needs.
• Set project expectations and goals for crew leaders.
• Develop and submit drawings and sketches to support construction work including; subcontracts, shop fabrication, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Initiate and maintain original contract, issuance of P.O., extra work estimating and issuance of change orders. Assume responsibility for contractual performance of projects. Verify that completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
Salary Range 80K-120k
|Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:|
Education and experience include: bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred. Thorough knowledge of piping, plumbing and refrigeration, contract design, estimating and project management. Experience in high purity projects a plus. Must have good interpersonal skills including communication, organization and relationship building.
Working knowledge should include: general understanding of customers industry and mfg. processes with extensive trade knowledge of mechanical construction, industry and piping. Previous extensive experience with construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications. Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills with computer literacy in the Windows environment including Word, Excel and MS Project.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to crafts. Maintain project documentation.
Perform various assignments as given by your supervisor.
This position reports to the VP of Estimating, Engineering and Project Management and requires the ability to manage, document and complete projects in an efficient and cost effective manner. It is recommended employees should actively pursue additional training to further enhance skills. This position has direct profit and loss responsibility.