26 Market St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||NORTHAMPTON, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Research
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|This Is Us|
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design health care services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, communication researchers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
This Is You
We are looking for a communication researcher with a strong, proven interest in health communication and public health. As a researcher, you have worked with diverse audiences ¬using a number of research methods. You have supported complex research projects from beginning to end. You are a talented moderator and interviewer who is passionate about understanding your audiences. You are a critical thinker and get excited about teasing out themes from unstructured data or programming a survey. You excel at translating research findings into meaningful recommendations. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding problem-solving skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
• Conduct communication research (ranging from audience research to materials testing) with consumers and professionals, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, surveys, and usability methods
• Draft research deliverables (such as protocols and reports) under the supervision of senior research staff
• Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans
• Oversee research logistics and coordination – which may include identifying creative recruitment strategies
• Take organized and detailed notes during interviews, focus groups, usability testing and other research activities
• Conduct data analysis (qualitative and/or quantitative) and summarize themes and findings under the supervision of senior research staff
• Translate findings into actionable recommendations for clients
• Work with staff to communicate findings and recommendations to internal team (writers, designers, and developers) and to the client
• Write clear, concise reports (from top-level summaries to detailed technical reports) for delivery to clients
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 22, 2018.
This is for a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.
• Master’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, psychology, or other related social science
• Minimum 3 years professional experience
• Experience conducting qualitative communication research using a variety of methods with diverse audiences
• Demonstrated effectiveness in a research support role, with an ability to lead moderately sized research tasks
• Strong understanding of communication and health behavior models, theories and principles
• Experience drafting client-facing reports and deliverables
• Ability to “think on your feet” and come up with creative and appropriate solutions
• Ability to work well in teams with other highly-qualified professionals in a relaxed,
• Experience conducting communication research in the health care or public
• Experience conducting usability tests to inform recommendations for digital health products
• Experience conducting research on behalf of the federal government
• Familiar with IRB, Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act, and nuances of research clearance processes
• Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language