220 South Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01002
Amherst, MA 01002
Our story is your story. Since 1821, we’ve been helping our students find their own voices, discover their own truths and forge their own paths in the world. Our students and alumni are the true authors of the Amherst story. Help write our next chapter.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Amherst College invites applications for the Retail Server position. Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst's students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.|
• Provide professional counter/customer service
• Enter accurate orders into the register and follow established cash handling procedures
• Prepare menu items to established standards including adhering to standardized recipes and production methods, ensuring recipes are followed, and all items are of the highest possible quality
• Maintain the coffee station and beverage coolers
|• High School diploma or equivalent|
• Allergen Awareness Certified, as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or be able to achieve within six months of employment
• 1+ year of retail & food preparation experience
• Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to taste and work with any and all ingredients used
• ServSafe Certification or be able to achieve within six months of employment
• 2 - 3 years of retail & food production service experience
Environmental and Physical Demands
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying up to 50 pounds. Limited lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying over 50 pounds with assistance
• Exposure to walk-in freezer and cooler, and wet and greasy floors
• Frequent exposure to sharp tools, machinery and cleaning chemicals
Interestedcandidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references or complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Amherst College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), age, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic or class protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Amherst College complies with all state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer , Amherst College, P.O. Box 5000, Amherst, MA 01002-5000.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/z642xrzfrynqcfvz