220 South Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01002
Amherst, MA 01002
Our story is your story. Since 1821, we’ve been helping our students find their own voices, discover their own truths and forge their own paths in the world. Our students and alumni are the true authors of the Amherst story. Help write our next chapter.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Resources/Recruiting
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Amherst College invites applications for the position of Visitor Relations Assistant/Receptionist. This is a full time, year round position (job group and level AO-3). The Visitor Relations Assistant/Receptionist will be joining a talented team in a very busy admission office. As a member of the Visitor Relations Team, the Visitor Relations Assistant/Receptionist serves as the initial contact person for prospective Amherst students, parents, alumni, current students, campus departments and the greater Amherst College community. The assistant/receptionist is responsible for the high-traffic reception area, greeting thousands of visitors over the course of a year, answering phones, responding to the Office of Admission email account, monitoring scheduled tours and group information sessions, training student workers on front desk procedures, running reports related to admission visitor flow, and providing administrative support.|
Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst's students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and will participatein the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
• Greets visitors, answers phone, maintains and creates reports related to admission visitor counts
• Trains students/staff on front desk procedures including the phones
• Maintains Front Desk Information Manual
• Ensures scheduled tours and group information sessions run smoothly and on schedule
• Creates tour and information session calendar for publication in Slate
• Schedules and coordinates room reservations for daily group information sessions
• Monitors student tour guide attendance, making adjustments to the number of tour guides as needed and coordinates student tour guide payroll
• Attends Visitor Relations Team meetings to discuss issues and improvements
Office of AdmissionEmail Account
• Responds to a significant volume of emails received by Office of Admission email account and decides when it's appropriate to forward specific email to another member of the office
• Assists with some aspects of admission dean travel including contributing to the Admission Office Travel Policy document
• Tracks visitor counts
• Coordinates services and repairs for the Office of Admission vehicle
• Scans, links, verifies and processes application materials
• Coordinates services and repairs with the Facilities Department
• Acts as Emergency Preparedness Department Liaison
• Associate's Degree
• 3 years of related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
• Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
• Able to take initiative, and work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment
• Experience working with or demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse community
• Experience working with the CRM Slate
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dtj88vmktkw7zpdv